This is a guide going over how to migrate email into G-Suite from any services such as Godaddy, cPanel, etc using an IMAP connection through Outlook and G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook. This is the easiest way I have found using the tools available to keep all emails. You will not need to export any files and if you are using a well-known email provider that has IMAP and POP open by default, you will not even need to know the connection settings. Microsoft Outlook usually can find the correct information and establish a connection on its own.
- Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016 installed.
- Login details for all accounts you are going to migrate. (email and password)
- Create the same accounts with the same passwords in G-Suite. (for convenience of the owners)
- The MX records pointing to the old email.
- G-Suite email not fully setup. Simply bypass setup and go to gmail.com and login.
- Download and install G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook
- Open Outlook and Create a new profile for each of the accounts you are migrating to.
- Add all emails into each profile using the account setup tool that you plan to migrate.
- To connect cPanel accounts vid IMAP follow this video as a guide:
- Wait for everything to sync.
- Open G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook (May be called Google Apps Migration for Microsoft Outlook)
- Input the new G-Suite email you plan to migrate to and Authenticate.
- Select the Outlook profile to migrate.
- Start migration and wait for it to finish.
- Each email added to the profile will be added as a label.
- Switch MX records to Google and provide client links and login info.
If you are trying to follow this guide and have any issues, feel free to fill out the contact form on this site and I will answer any questions you may have.