You will first need to disable a security protocol setup in Defender Pro that prevents the execution of PHP files.
- Open your ftp client, like filezilla for example, and open your website.
- Look for the folder wp-content/plugins/really-simple-ssl
- Look for the file “force-deactivate.txt”, and rename it to “force-deactivate.php”.
- Open your browser, and open the following url: http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-ssl/force-deactivate.php (don’t forget to change yourdomain.com in your own domain.
- Clear your browser cache, or visit your site with another browser to prevent the browser from redirecting you to https.
Important! Take care to use http://, and not https://. If you don’t have an SSL certificate, the deactivation page won’t load on https!