This happens when someone has added the business account using their domain as a secondary email or alias to a free Gmail account. This will prevent you from setting up GSuite using this email. Follow the workaround below to continue setup:
- Input a different email address such as [email protected] or someone else’s email you will be setting up as well.
- Continue setup and CC payment from this guide: Create GSuite Account (partial setup)
- WAIT 24+ HOURS after account creation for it to be fully registered in Google’s system.
- Overhaulics will then add the originally desired User manually to the new GSuite account and will assign the old account a temporary address. (for example, jane%[email protected]).
- You will be notified of this via email and can then choose a new free gmail account address to use and your new GSuite account will be fully functional using your domain.
- When the user renames their personal account with a different email address, all data in the user’s personal account remains in the account. The data in the personal account remains safe and accessible only to them.
If you used a temporary email such as [email protected] to signup, Overhaulics will remove this for you during setup.