This article will guide you through setting a Google Workspace account (formerly G Suite) so that Overhaulics can then handle the remaining technical setup for you.
- Click this link to go to the signup page: https://workspace.google.com/
- Click the “GET STARTED” button for the plan you want.
- The $6/mo is recommended if your main goal is email only. The $12/user/mo plan provides more storage and a few more collaboration tools.
- Input your business name and number of employees.
- Input your name and a backup email you will always have access to that is not on the same domain you are setting up. This email will be used to recover your account if you get locked out.
- When asked if you have a domain, click “YES, I HAVE ONE I CAN USE“
- Input your domain without http or www in front of it. (Example: myawesomedomain.com)
- Click “NEXT“
- Choose an email address (JohnDoe/Support/Info, etc) and generate a password. Complete the reCAPTCHA to prove you are not a robot. Be sure to save this email and password so you can send it to Overhaulics.
- Click “AGREE AND CONTINUE“
At this point, you need to input CC info, work through this step to add a credit card and then when you get to a step that says something about domain verification, you can go ahead and stop now.
For Overhaulics to complete setup you will need to send us the following information:
- The login credentials from step 8 so we can finish the technical parts for you.
- Your domain registration info (login to where your domain was registered) so we can add new DNS records.
- Access to your live site so we can verify ownership of the domain. If you site was build on Overhaulics servers, we will already have this access.
If you run into one of these errors, click the error to open a solution article.